October 22, 2014

my acne story

For all of you that don't know, yes, I am one of those teens who is struggling with acne. 9 out of 10 teenagers struggle with acne so I know I'm not alone. In this post I'll be telling you my acne story step by step.

How it Started
To tell you the truth, I have no idea when I started to develop and actually see my acne. I think I started getting acne in 6th grade but I have no Idea how precise that is.

Things I've Tried
OMG, you guys wouldn't believe how many products I've tried. Some made my acne worse, some made it better for a while. But eventually every product I used, made no change to my skin. I've tried Loreal, Stridex, AcneFree, and Clean&Clear to name a few.

Consulting My Doctor
So you all know that I started highschool this year. I got really insecure about my skin after seeing everyone's clear skin. So when I went to the doctor's office for my annual checkup. I asked my doctor if there was any way to help me with my acne. He prescribed me with Tretinoin 0.025% Gel.

Tretinoin 0.025% Gel
This treatment is used to treat acne as well as age spots and marks. This product works by getting all the waste out of your skin. And no, it't not a miracle product that will cure acne in like a week, you have to be patient with this product. It says, from weeks 1-4 you should notice new acne/pimples popping up (it's from the product pushing all the gunk to the surface). Then in weeks 6-12 you should start to see an improvement. But even after you see an improvement, your not suppose to quit using it.

My Tretinoin Progress
So I started using Tretinoin 0.025% Gel on 09/12/2014 so that would mean that I'm on week 5 as of 10/17/2014. My face has gotten a lot worse since I first started using the product. But my doctor told me this would happen. He said that it's going to get worse before it gets better. I'm just happy that I'm close to week 6 and hopefully I'll start seeing progress soon!

The Products I Currently Use
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (I have the off-brand version, same ingredients, less cost)
DG Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer
Tretinoin 0.025% Gel.

The Products I Used to Use
Clean&Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infuser
Clean&Clear Daily Pore Cleanser
Clean&Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
(These products worked for me but you can't use Tretinoin with products that have the ingredients they have. They recommend that you use a gentle cleanser.)

I hope you enjoyed reading about my disgusting face.

xo, azia

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my post(s)! leave a cute comment and i will surely get back to you ♡



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...